Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Monitor Calibration question?

Hi there my fellow photography friends.
I have a questions for you all.
I just got myself a new laptop.
The problem is that the colour is extremely off.
Can anyone tell my anything that l can do to correct this.
I have tried the adobe gamma, but the colour is still crazy, but if someone knows some setting that work for them l would love to know.
As well does anyone use any software that helps calibrate the monitor colour.
I really don't want anything expensive.
I would love to hear what you think.
I wanted my laptop so that l could edit my photos this summer outside so that l can be around the kids.
Please help.
Thanks a bunch!

2 comments:

Julie C Butler said...

Tracey .. I just got the HUEY by Pantone ..
it's $99 .. and it's awsome!
This is the only suggestion I have .. sorry it wasn't a free one!! :)
Good luck!!

~~Debb~~ said...

I must be very lucky because my laptop's colours are quite good. Or I'm not too picky!! :)
I'd like to get the Huey some day when I have the extra funds [ya, right!] Hopefully, you'll be able to set different profiles for when you're working inside, outside, in the evening, etc.
Good luck and let us know what you end up doing!