Friday, January 5, 2007

Happenings of the Kendall household...

Just that l would drop a few lines of all the events that happened over the holidays as well as our plans and goals for 2007.

The holidays were crazy as always, but felt even more insane this year because of my photography business. Next year l will know to start planing for the holidays a bit earlier so l will have more time with the family. Last year l was running around like crazy.

Spent Christmas day for the first time ever with AG's parents at their house. AG's mom is a nurse and always works the holidays, allowing the other nurses who have small children to have the day off. But this year she didn't have to go into work till 11pm. She cooked a big turkey and made "jigs" dinner. For those who don't know what that is...it is a newfie meal. My husbands family is from Newfoundland. (an a amazing place l must say!) It was wonderful not have to cook one holiday meal this year at all. Thanks Allan and Madonna for a great Christmas Day. Did some visiting as well over the holidays and saw some of my family.

AG just applied to the Peterbrough Fire Dept and has his written test of January 13. So please think and him and wish him some positive thoughts. Its time for a change and he really wants on. Lindsay's fire dept has been so quite. I know that's a good thing...but he is bored! So l am keeping my fingers crossed for my guy.

Alyssa has enjoyed her holidays off, but still wants to get back to school. She has grown so much since starting JK. We are also so pleased when she comes home and tells us what she learned. She is a sponge for information ...she is just like her daddy. Learning new things all the time. So grown up now. Can you believe that she will be five this month. FIVE. She also starts her swimming lessons again next week. Really looking forward to that. I love watching her.

Dylan is as cute as a button and l am loving this age. His talking is awesome. Putting sentences and words together. I love it. AG and l just keep looking at each other and smiling in shock of what he is able to say. He is as BUSY as ever but thats okay because he keeps me on my toes. I love them both so much.

So my goals for 2007...........hmmmmmmmmm...........l think l have to many. But l can give you my top 5:

1. Loss weight (ha ha) l am so sure this is alot of peoples goal. But l am still 20 pounds heavier then before children, therefore Jan 1st was the start of healthy eating and the Aiken's diet. This is really hard for me because l have a true love affair with carbs. Me and carbs we have a great relationship...but all good things have to come to an end . I want pasta and bread (Yum). I am on day 5 and it is starting to get abit easier.My goal is to have 20 pounds off by the summer. Can l do it ...yes l can. Just like Thomas The Tank Engine said "l think l can, l think l can." I want to go to the beach with kids and feel good about myself not just for me but for the kids and my husband. To go clothes shopping and love it, not hate it. Staring weight 154pds...goal weight 135pds.

2. To expand my photography business. To have it grow and have great success in 2007. To improve my skills and learn new techniques. To meet new people and be creative. To have clients want to keep coming back. To have a job that l truly love.

3. To spend more time with friends and family. I have to say that first of all l am a bit of a home body and love the comforts of my home. But l need to try to reach out abit more and be a bit more outgoing. Realize that l need to live today for today.

4. This one has two parts but l think they go hand in hand. To pay down debt as well as have some sort of savings. In 2006 we had alot of unexpected expenses that were very costly and didn't have enough savings to cover it. This will be a hard one to do, but l am going to try to give it a shot.

5. To try to have a balance in my life. Make time for me, the kids, my husband, my work, and family. To be a wife, daughter, sister, friend and mother and find balance in them all. Its so hard to manage all of these. I sure you mothers can relate. Its hard...l know for sure that l have put "ME" on the back burner for along time and its time for a big change. I think now one really knows the answer to this but if anyone knows how to balance it all l would love to know.

So much to say and so little time. Off to play with the kids. Wish me luck with my goals for 2007 and l hope that you all reach your goals as well.

1 comment:

Julie C Butler said...

OMG - we had "jigs" diner too ..
Too funny .. my mother-in-law was up from newfoundland!!
Did you enjoy it??
I will be thinking of your hubby .. hope all goes well for him!!
We almost have the same goals too ..
I also would like to loose weight .. and pay some debt ..
Too funny - well enjoy!!

Talk to you later

Take care, Julie