Saturday, December 8, 2007

Twenty something and still holding...

Let me introduce "Sheena" to you all.
She is my cat from when l was a little girl. My parents adopted her from a local animal shelter when l was 15. At the time we got her they figured that she was approximately already 3-4 years old. Since l turned 32 last week , that would make Ms. Sheena about ...
20-22 yrs old.
That's right.
Now she is my daughters cat. And l mean hers. They have such a close bond and she is really really attatched to her, which is causing abit of emotions to flow lately.
Sheena is starting to get abit slow and you can tell that she has arthritis in back legs. Some days are worse then others. Despite that she is still in good health and is always happy and purring to every touch.
We are now trying to prepare Alyssa to the reality that she is getting old and will be going to heaven soon.
So hard to explain to your child, especially when they are so close. Alyssa tears up and says that she doesn't wait to discuss it. But we try to tell her that it isn't fair to let any animal be in pain. So when the time comes that l feel that she needs to be but down ...l will as hard as it is.
If anyone has any advice on explaining or helping the transition of a death of a pet l would love to hear it.
...
...
...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
...
...
To tell you the truth l still think this girl has a few more years left and l hope so. I will miss her too. She has been in my life for many years. When my parents divorced about 7 years ago...
Sheena came to live with my husband and l and once again she was apart of my family :)
Alyssa has been asking me for awhile to take some pictures of her and her friend.
So we did and this is one of my favorites.
I am enlarging it and framing it for her so she can have it in her bedroom.
This will be so very special to her...
l know it.

No comments: