Sunday, February 11, 2007

the 411 on Magnus


First of all thank you to everyone how has called or e-mailed me about our big boy Magnus (aka the dog) about his surgery.

To let you all know Magnus came home yesterday. I hadn't full prepared myself for what l was about to see. When l first saw him l thought he had a patch on his eye but soon realized that there was no bandage. That they had shaved around his eye. His area around where the eye should be is about 10 times its normal size because of the swelling. I broke into tears but soon said to myself..."pull yourself together for the kids". It just looks so awful. My heart hurts for him so much. To top all of this off they have sent the eye away because the doctor fears that he may have cancer. Can you believe it. So l am staying positive and hoping for the best.

I was going to attached a whole bunch of pictures of him after the surgery but decided against it for it is a bit graphic looking. This picture isn't as bad because you really can't see his soar eye.

The problem that he are having now is that he has been home for a day and hasn't eaten or drank a thing. Nor will he take his medicine that helps with the pain and prevents infection. I will give it till tonight and if nothing l will call the vets.

Again thank you everyone and l will keep you all up to date.
warm wishes,
Tracey

2 comments:

Julie C Butler said...

How is Magnus feeling today - I hope he is eating again .. and drinking - thanks for keeping us to date.. This must be hard for you!! Hang in there .. he will get better..

~~Debb~~ said...

My heart just breaks when I see pets in pain. I am sure that Magnus will heal quickly because he is surrounded with love and compassion.
Looking forward to hearing his progress. I hope he continues to get better.
I am going to go hug my Gracie now.